Car Security is a top priority for any car owner. There are so many reasons that should make you choose to invest in a car security system. To begin with, the increased incidences of car theft, as reported by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, gives the main reason as to why you should have security for your car.
With a security on your car, you not only keep thieves away but also you restrict the number of people who can access your car. For instance, kids will not be able to get into the car without your knowledge. Car insurance providers also offer lower rates to those whose cars have a security system that works effectively.
How does a security system work?
A security system usually has a remote that comes with it. This remote allows you to easily control the alarm system. At the press of one of the buttons, you can lock the car after getting out. A chirp that usually follows the press will indicate that the doors have been locked and that the security system is activated.
The alarm is also beneficial as it can help you to identify when the doors have not been locked properly as it will make a different sound when you try to lock it using the alarm. If anyone tries to access the car while the alarm is active, it will make a siren sound and you can be able to know what is going on. You are the only one who can unlock the doors at the press of another button on the remote which deactivates the alarm.
Now that we understand the need for having an alarm on your car, we can now look at the features that one can consider before choosing a security system for their car. There are a variety of car alarm systems, you should choose the one with the features that you like most.
i) Smartphone controlled systems.
Thanks to the advancement in technology, there are some car security systems which you can control right from your phone. That makes it very convenient.
- ii) Starter kill that is found in some systemswill ensure that somebody cannot successfully short-circuit your car in anattempt of stealing it in a situation where they do not have the key.
iii) Systems that have a two-way feature.
This is an important feature that will allow you to be able to get a response on what the condition of your car is and how effectively it is reacting. That way, if there is a problem you can be able to fix it.
- iv) As a driver, you should always ensure thatyou are safe. Systems which have a priority lock on the driver’s side are very You can unlock your door without opening the other ones. That way, you can feel safe as a driver even especially when you are driving on your own.
- v) There are security systems which are ableto detect motions. Should you have a motion sensor security system, you canleave the windows open without worrying. When it is activated, it will be able to detect any movement by an unauthorized person.
- vi) You should also consider having an alarmsystem which has features that can be able to detect when someone tries tobreak the glass of the window or windshield of your car.
vii) Some security systems can detect when a car is tilted. This is especially important as some of the thieves have devised ways such as towing your car as a way of trying to steal it.
viii) A security system that is enabled with having an auxiliary output is better than the ones without this function. That way, you can be able to have additional car security systems for your car in future.
- ix) Remote starting. This is another example oftechnological advancement. With remote starting, you can send instructions toyour car before you even get into it. For instance, on a hot summer day, you can have the car to cool the temperature inside before you get in.
- x) Knowing the particular location of your carisalso very essential. You should consider getting a car security remote system which has GPS enabled so that you can be able to track your car.
To conclude, beyond just choosing the right car security system, you need to be able to identify the right company which can install the security system on your behalf. They can help you identify a system which will be compatible with your car and one that will work effectively.